Thursday, January 7, 2010

Veggie Pasta

For us pasta is a quick fix meal on any weeknight. I normally have some pasta sauce in my pantry. So whenever there is a need for a quick meal, this comes in handy. 98% of the times I make pasta using a store bought pasta sauce. Very few times I have made pasta using something other than the store bought sauces. I was watching a food show on Zee Marathi (Amhi Saare Khavayye) in which a pasta recipe was shown. It was a simple and a healthy recipe. The recipe calls for ingredients that we normally have on hand. I followed the recipe with a slight modification. This is how I made it.

Ingredients:
(Serves 2)

2 cups pasta
1 tbsp butter
2 cups veggies (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (minced or grated)
6 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp hot sauce
Mozzarella cheese
8-10 fresh mint leaves
1-2 pinches of oregano
Salt to taste


Cook the pasta, drain it and keep it aside. In a pan take butter and add garlic to it. Add veggies of your choice. I used onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, and carrots. Add some salt and let them cook for a while. Add tomato ketchup and hot sauce and let them cook some more. You can substitute hot sauce with crushed pepper flakes or red chilli powder. Now add mint, oregano (or herbs of your choice) and cooked pasta. Mix well and add some cheese on top. Put the lid on and let the cheese melt. Top it off with fresh mint leaves if you like. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment